- Figures on the same Base and Between the same Parallels
- Parallelograms on the same Base and between the same Parallels
- Triangles on the same Base and between the same Parallels
• If a parallelogram and a triangle are on the same base and between the same parallel, then
area of the triangle is equal to one half area of the parallelogram.
- A median AD of a AABC divides it into two triangles of equal areas. Therefore ar(AABD)=ar(ACD )
- If the medians of a intersect at G, then ar(AAGB)=ar(AAGC )=ar(ABGC )=1 ar (AABC)
- Triangles with equal bases and equal areas have equal corresponding altitude.