About the Author
Alphonse Daudet was a French short-story writer and novelist, now remembered chiefly as the author of sentimental tales of provincial life in the south of France. He was born on May 13, 1840 at Nimes in France. He was the son of a silk manufacturer. In 1849 his father had to sell his factory and move to Lyon. Alphonse wrote his first poems and his first novel at age 14. He died on Dec. 16, 1897 in Paris, France.
The present story is set during the days of Franco – Prussian War (1870 – 18710) in which France was defeated by Prussia led by Bismarck. At that time Prussia consisted of Germany, Poland and some parts of Austria.
1. Franz: A school student.
2. M Hamel: A teacher of French language
3. Class: Consists of some students and some elderly people of the village.
4. Old Hauser: An elderly villager
5. Sister of M Hamel
- About The Last Lesson Class 12th Flamingo
- Summary of The Last Lesson Class 12th Flamingo
- Hindi Summary of The Last Lesson Class 12th Flamingo
- NCERT Solution of The Last Lesson Class 12th Flamingo
- Go To Chapters of Class 12th English