Read the following extracts and answer the questions that follow :
1. I am beautiful pearls plucked from the crown of Ishter by the daughter of Dawn to embellish the gardens
(a) Who does ‘I’ refer to in these lines ?
Ans. ‘I’ is referred to the rain.
(b) What does ‘I’ compare itself to ?
Ans. I (the rain) compares itself to the beautiful pearls plucked from the crown of Ishter (goddess of fertility)
(a) What is meant by the phrase ‘to embellish the garden’ ?
Ans. It means to decorate the garden.
2. The field and the cloud are lovers and between them I am a messenger of mercy I quench the thirst of the one I cure the ailment of the other
(a) Why are the field and the cloud called lovers ?
Ans. The are called lovers as they are far away from each other and desperately want to meet.
(b) How does the rain help the field and the cloud ?
Ans. The rain helps them by acting as a messenger of mercy. It quenches the thirst of one and cures the ailment of the other.
(c) In these lines ‘messenger of mercy’ refers to whom ?
Ans. It refers to ‘the rain’.
3. The voice of thunder declares my arrival;
The rainbow announces my departure I am like earthly life which begins at
The feet of the mad elements and ends under the upraised wings of death.
(a) What declares the arrival of the rain ?
Ans. The thunder announces the arrival of rain.
(b) How is the departure of the rain announced ?
Ans. The departure of the rain is announced by the rainbow.
(c) How does the poet compare the rain to the earthly life ?
Ans. Just like everything on the earth takes birth and dies, so does the rain. It has a beginning and comes to an end.
- Summary of Song of the Rain Class 9th.
- Hindi Summary of Song of the Rain Class 9th.
- Word Meanings of Song of the Rain Class 9th.
- Textbook Question of Song of the Rain Class 9th.
- Multiple Choice Questions of Song of the Rain Class 9th.
- Non-Multiple Choice Questions of Song of the Rain Class 9th.
- Short Answer Questions of Song of the Rain Class 9th.
- Long Answer Questions of Song of the Rain Class 9th.